Tamiya 14135 1/12 Yamaha XV1600 Road Star Custom Motorcycle Plastic Model Kit
Yamaha’s XV1600 Road Star first went on sale in 1999 and proved a huge hit with what was at the time the biggest production bike engine at a whopping 1,600cc. In conjunction with a 20kg crank weight and thanks to its rigid mount that powerplant treated riders to a unique thrum. The front of the XV1600 Road Star employed a telescopic fork and the rear a link type setup that hid its damper inside the frame for a rigid-esque look. Indeed, a large part of the bike’s allure was in its looks, and the relative ease with which its owner could add after-market parts to truly customize their ride. From side bags to an extended windshield, there was plenty on offer for those looking to make their Road Star stand out from the crowd.
About the Model:
- This is a 1/12 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 208mm, width: 89mm, height: 121mm.
- The powerful form of the bike is captured in style.
- Detailed 1600cc V-twin engine has individual cooling fins for next-level detail.
- Comes with both chrome and matte plated parts.
- With customizing parts such as studded seat, tandem pillion pad, back rest, side bags and a large windshield.
- Vinyl tubing is included for the recreation of various pipes and lines.
- Features a metal-plated depiction of the tank “RoadStar” emblem. Decals are included to recreate two models that went on sale in the year 2000.
- Solid synthetic rubber tires give a highly realistic finish.
This is a scale plastic model kit, assembly required. Paints and glue not included.