The AA was formed in 1905 famously meeting in the Trocadero Restaurant in London. Memberhip of the organisation grew rapidly and five years later they had patrols across the country. Intially the cycle scouts were employed at weekends to advise members of police traps ahead, but this soon changed as they began helping stranded motorists. In the late 1940’s the introduction of two-way radio transformed the organisation as they were able to be contacted centrally to attend a members vehicle.
This Austin Seven RN Van in the livery of the Automobile Association’s Road Service. Archive photography shows its authentic use as a Road Service vehicle, wearing the AA badge of the day and decorated in their signature yellow and black. The interior is black with yellow dashboard and brown door cappings. Note the additional modification of an AA liveried roof box on this popular utility van conversion of the Austin Seven RN car, registered GX 2839.