A Closed Cover Truck (CCT) was a type of goods van used for transporting goods whilst keeping them protected from the wind and rain. Along with side doors, CCTs also featured opening ends which allowed them to be used to transport motor vehicles as well as parcel traffic. 37ft. 6 in. long vans were initially built by LNER in 1939 and featured three large sliding doors on each side making access extremely easy. The design was successful enough that BR built a further batch of wagons in 1950.